Saturday, August 18, 2012

WHY DOES STARX GO POP?! :)

     Hello to anybody who's reading this.
     I haven't been blogging for quite a long time. These days I put together "a few" songs from years 2008-2012 and collected my album called "STARX GOES POP!". It describes my era of moving on with my music to more serious level, so to say. However, it is still no real album at all. I picked 13 songs that described that era the best:

1. Aloha My Love
2. Not Enough
3. I Will Carry You Home
4. Lunatic World
5. Shiny For You
6. Begging For More
7. I Didn't Mean To Make You Cry
8. Play With My Mind
9. Fly With Me
10. Night So Long
11. Natural
12. Pieces To Pieces
13. Our Song

     I do think that if I was really supposed to pick 13 songs for a real album, it'd be those 13 songs. So I made several pics for this non-existing album, and added other 9 tracks as "bonus tracks", mostly my first versions, or songs which were very different to those 13 songs. But they simply have to be part of that era. All of my songs are like my little babies. An idea of creating this online album came out of the blue to me. I had no idea I was going to do that that day. Though I had this title in my head for years, it sounded very good to me and now I see that my ideas payed off.
     Sometimes I feel like nothing I do with music makes no sense. Writing and playing my new songs is my joy, but recording them is pain for me. I'm looking for better quality and I think I'm becoming much harder to myself. I was also thinking about looking for some band here in my area. I don't think I was born for stage. I don't know what it takes to have a band. After all, I checked several bands... and sadly (for me) all musicians are metal/heavymetal/punk bands. I like pretty much all music genres, but as the title says "Starx Goes Pop!", I want to play real good pop music. I know that pop has been bastardised a lot, production of pop hits is horrible mainly these days. I believe I'm on my way to pop as it used to be years ago. Intelligent lyrics and great melodies. No shit like "baby, baby, baby, let's dance on the dancefloor", etc.
People are getting stupid with such stupid songs. That's why it is harder to find the people who would listen to pop.
     There are so many great musicians out there, anytime I log in to my ReverbNation profile I know I am going to find several of them. Today, I got a very nice message about my music, I hope you don't mind if I share it with you now: "I am such a huge fan of your sound. It is unlike anything I hear anywhere. Anyone who loves big ballads and classical feeling pop/rock is missing something if they don't listen to your music. it is truly blessed."
     I am only blessed if people understand the meaning of what I'm doing. And the cool guy, who is an amazing musician, too, told me everything I'd been trying to reach with my songs with his words. I don't know if I ever get any other message like that. I'm not sure about anything. I love music, it's my only everlasting love. That's the only thing I know for sure. It may sound a bit pathetic, but it's true. On the other hand... about 4 years ago I got a very sincere message from one Slovak artist who later was featured in several tv series and performs in musicals. He sent me his reaction on one of my songs called "I Was Born In 1980"... "your music is good, it is lively, but please, don't sing! It sounds horrible, mainly in this song! Create, write, but find somebody else to sing your songs!" he said. I felt like hitting the hardest rock. It took me few days to get over his message till I realised I was thankful for his opinion. He took me down to earth from my egosphere. So I always appreciate all opinions. People have different thoughts on different things.
I don't consider myself being a singer or musician, nor artist at all. I'm no artist. I'm only trying to do what I love. Better, worse, good, bad... I need to taste it all. And the only thing I know is that I love music. Am I pathetic again? 

     Thank you to everyone who has ever supported me and helped me.
     Marek.




If you still think like you want to listen to my "Starx Goes Pop!" collection, please visit me here. Thank you for even reading this blog, you're so brave! 

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely going to listen :) Super excited for ya :)

    illy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Illy! You are great! ;) Have a nice weekend! Marek.

    ReplyDelete